An Uncontested Divorce is a quicker, cheaper and easier option offered by the firm for a flat fee of $1000 (without children) and $1500 (with children.)  This means that you will not be billed hourly, you pay a one-time legal fee.  In addition, there is a filing fee that you will have to pay to the Court.  In order to move forward with an Uncontested Divorce, both you & your spouse must agree on all issues.  It typically takes about 3 months to complete and should not require a court appearance.  The uncontested divorce is completed by Mays & Zitron, PLLC in 4 steps:

Within 24 hours of retaining the firm for an uncontested divorce, a Property Settlement Agreement is drafted and sent to you for your review.  The Property Settlement Agreement distributes all assets (such as the marital home, marital business, cars, bank accounts & retirement accounts,) debts (such as credit card debts, car loans & mortgages,) separate property (such as property owned prior to the marriage, personal gifts and inheritance,) child custody/legal decision making, a parenting plan that can include holidays and vacations, child support (based on the Arizona Child Support Guidelines or a deviation that is in the best interest of the children,) spousal support (or a waiver of spousal support,)  and other relief and considerations.  I will also run the Child Support Guidelines at this time.  Once you approve of the Agreement, your spouse will have the opportunity to review it.  You will both sign the Agreement, which concludes step 1.

Once we receive the signed Property Settlement Agreement, we will draft your divorce pleadings, which include the Petition for Dissolution, Summons, Preliminary Injunction, Affidavit Regarding the Minor Children, Notice Regarding Creditors, Order to Attend Parenting Class, Sensitive Data Cover Sheet and a Notice Regarding Health Insurance.  We will e-mail you all of the dissolution pleadings, you will review them for accuracy, print two pages that require your signature in front of a notary and mail them or drop them off at our office along with the Court filing fee.  We will create three packets for the Court and file the papers along with the filing fee.  We will get a case number and a Judge assigned to your case.  A filed, completed packet will be scanned and e-mailed to you and your spouse will receive a set.

Your spouse will review the papers and sign an Acknowledgement of Service.  This will be signed in front of a notary and sent back to the Court along with your spouse's response filing fee.  You will have to wait a Court-mandated 60-day waiting period.  During this time, both you & your spouse will attend a Parent Information Program (only if you share minor children.) 

After 60 days, we will draft a Consent Decree, which is signed by the parties.  The Property Settlement Agreement is attached as Exhibit A.  The Child Support Guidelines is attached as Exhibit B.  Four sets of the packet are submitted to the Judge to be signed.  A court appearance is most often not necessary.  When we receive your Dissolution Decree from the Court, we will notify you, e-mail you a copy immediately and send you a hard copy in the mail.